Search This Blog

Saturday, November 26, 2011

Leave your luggage at Maihama station

  • Is it possible to visit Tokyo Disney Sea during my layover in Tokyo

    I will also add that there are really only 4 attractions in the park that I would put as must do's as they look like amazing rides and something I can't get at WDW. If all I was able to do were these 4 attractions, take some photo's of the amazing scenery, and do a small bit of shopping I would be very happy. Those 4 attractions are:

    StormRider
    Indiana Jones
    Journey to the Center of the Earth
    20,000 Leagues under the sea

    I know under normal conditions it would take more than 5 hours just to wait in these lines, but with the park supposedly not hitting projections should I be able to do those 4 attractions if I got there by 9AM (The park opens at 10) and leave by 3:00.


  • #3

    • Just another Disney fan..
    • Reputation
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Near "The Original"
    Posts
    411

    Re: Is it possible to visit Tokyo Disney Sea during my layover in Tokyo

    Quote Originally Posted by kcnole View Post
    First of all, how far is Disneyland from Narita and what would be the quickest way to get there?
    Best thing to do is go back to the airport from your hotel in the morning.

    At the airport, find the Airport Limousine Bus ticket counter to buy your ticket.

    Take the Airport Limousine Bus to Tokyo DisneySEA.

    The link below is the schedule.

    http://www.limousinebus.co.jp/en/pla...hes/index/2/79

    It will take around an hour.

    Do the reverse route to go back to Narita. TDS >> Airport Limousine Bus >> Narita

    For example, if you take the bus back to Narita from the TDS, you can leave at 2:35 PM and be back at Narita by 3:50 PM.

    http://www.limousinebus.co.jp/en/pla...hes/index/1/79

    The bus schedules may be slightly different due to changes after the earthquake.

    You will have to buy your return ticket at the airport at the same time you buy your ticket to TDS.

    There are two terminals at Narita, each with their own bus stop. Know ahead of time if you need to get off at Terminal 1 or Terminal 2. You'll need to know this when you buy your bus ticket.

    Also, if you miss the bus for Narita, the next one isn't always just a few minutes later. Plan appropriately. You might end up having to take a very costly taxi ride back to the airport.


    Quote Originally Posted by kcnole View Post
    I figure I'd have to leave by about 3:00 PM to get back to the airport in time which would give me approximately 5 hours in the park. Is that even enough to make it worth the trip over?
    I would think it is worth it if you've never been before.

    Quote Originally Posted by kcnole View Post
    I'd also need to figure out something to do with my carry-on baggage that I'll have with me. Is there somewhere to store all of that at Disney in some type of locker?
    There are coin operated lockers large enough for your luggage at Maihama train station and at the airport. Since you are going to TDS and the bus doesn't stop at Maihama, the airport is a better option.

    There are lockers near the entrance to TDS, but I can't recall if there are ones large enough for luggage. I seem to remember that there aren't large lockers there.

    If you decide you do want to leave your luggage at Maihama station, take the Airport Limousine Bus to Tokyo Disneyland instead of the Tokyo DisneySEA, walk to Maihama train station, lock up your luggage and take the Resort Line to TDS. Of course you'd have to look up the bus schedule for that itinerary.

    Quote Originally Posted by kcnole View Post
    I will also add that there are really only 4 attractions in the park that I would put as must do's as they look like amazing rides and something I can't get at WDW. If all I was able to do were these 4 attractions, take some photo's of the amazing scenery, and do a small bit of shopping I would be very happy. Those 4 attractions are:

    StormRider
    Indiana Jones
    Journey to the Center of the Earth
    20,000 Leagues under the sea

    I know under normal conditions it would take more than 5 hours just to wait in these lines, but with the park supposedly not hitting projections should I be able to do those 4 attractions if I got there by 9AM (The park opens at 10) and leave by 3:00.
    Might be tough since you will be there on a Saturday. You'd get on at least three I would guess. Also check the refurb schedules.

    Good luck.
    Last edited by Roger55
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment