Search This Blog

Saturday, November 26, 2011

To Disneyland twice

Disneyland Part 2


This year we went to Disneyland twice. the first was last Feb with Joven's bday and today Nov. 10 with Joven's family. For last year's details please see my multiply account. Today's event was my story. We reached Disneyland at 1030. We didn't intend to be early so Monisop could find time to warm up in the morning. This experience was different from the rest because we rode most of the kid's ride this time. In fact I heard Ate Cingle's comment that DisneySea is for adult and Disneyland is really for kids and oh well kids at heart. Monisop really had the time of his life hmmm so far =) I know the best is yet to come! Of course we wont miss, picture with Disney Character, were lucky to see Pooh with a very short waiting.

1st ride was the Star Tours. Unfortunately we haven't set the mood yet for our kiddo, he doesnt want to sit on the designated seat and no lapping policy was strictly imposed so Ate Cingle missed the ride too. But no worries for her, I rate this ride as half star, an advance galaga not-to-be-brag-about experience. I just felt dizzy because the film is very old already. And then we went to Micro Adventure a 4D The Honey I Shrunk the audience as I called it.

We went to the second to the last row so we can have an English audio translation. Monisop cried after we got shrunk and the inventor's son seems to carry us, which made an aftershock effect. Tita France said maybe he recalled his experience in Stormrider in DisneySea where the high wind and dark sky due to a fake storm really scared him. But I noticed he stopped crying when he saw the big snake popped on the screen. He really was a brave little boy. Then we all squirked even me for the 2nd time around when we felt rats tails underneath. BTW, it is 4D because aside from seeing in 3D, it will also stimulate your 4th sense, feel/touch. At the end of the show the dog sneezed to the audience with the waterlike colds(sipon) effect. Then we went to the Grand Circuit Raceway, this is where I saw Monisop really got excited. He keep on looking back smiling so broadly to us who boarded behind their car.


It's like him saying "Ei look at me im driving with my mom on the passenger seat. Then we went to JAL Jetplane. Its an up and down plane about 2-storey high.


To tell you the truth I'm scared at riding one due to fear of heights but shame on me, Monisop was really thrilled and even asked for another one but was not able to have it, due to long queue. Then we ate at Plaza Restaurant. It's the only place to have a rice meal that I know, We had Kare Rice for Tita France, Seafood Rice Grattin for Ate Cingle and Beef and Veggies for Jovs and me. Just in time we manage to secure a place with a good view for the first day of White Chrismas Parade.

On a side note while waiting for the parade, a Japanese boy showed us his Karate Moves then Monisop tried to imitate him and go round and round the street and others also followed him!



I almost cried I don't know why but knowing the Christmas is just around the corner makes me feel happy and teary eyed. Next stops are mostly Monisop's ride but we did enjoy too. We had the Alice in Wonderland Tea Party, where you can control the speed of the cup's rotation.


Following it was the ever classical Castle Carousel, We all hopped in the horse, Joven remain standing to take snapshots at us.




We manage also to see Snow White Adventures Never had I imagine that this ride was somewhat horror place for kids.

I barely saw Snow White mostly the witch in scary positions. After that we queue in Ate Cingle, Monisop and Mommy France in the super 1960 ride Pinnochio Daring Journey. Since it was just 15mins waiting, even if its not worth it =), at least we introduced Pinocchio to Monisop. While they are on the boring adventure of Pinnochio, Joven and I tried our fastpass to Space Mountain Oh boy its my first time not to shout but just tell Joven, "Takut ako takut ako(Im scared Im scared)". Im a two timer here but seeing yourself on the vast dark universe with only the stars and the fast circling maybe 6-seater train, will really wet off your pants. I hate this ride but I will surely hate it again the next time =) Then we queue on the Roger Rabbit Cartoon Spin in Toontown. 35minutes wait really paid off. It's my first time in here, It's like Winnie the Pooh's ride where there is a 2-seater car and you will spin round and round around seeing very cute colorful cartoons.

At the end Monisop felt very tired. We waited at one Million Dream Lights Parade,


It was really heavenly. Then afterwards, we off to go to Buzz Lightyear Astro Blazer Its a 2-seater ride where you will shoot using your laser gun "Z" in square,circle, diamond shape hidden or obviously visible in the different parts of the wall, and you will get points. Mommy France beated me with the score 14000-10500. But after that we missed the Fireworks display, the bright side about it was we were able to get in again, and Mommy France opted to stay in 1 car by herself alone! She loved the ride...so much! After which Monisop was really tired and had some zzzz...

I looked at him while doing this blog while they made hirit to some more rides nearby. They had 3 more rides for less than an hour. They tried Haunted Mansion I fell in love with this ride honestly because I love Casper and holograms, someday I would like to develop in mobile phone (naks futuristic, so I can see Joven talking to me awww), Pooh's Hunny Hunt and Space Mountain Adventure, this time Mommy France and Ate Cingle tried it.


Ate Cingle said if I kept on saying "Takut ako takut ako", she utters/scream "Mommy Mommmy".. hahah.. Also, I would like to give my appreciation for Mommy France for taking the experience. It's a once in a lifetime achievement! I wonder what she screams while on ride maybe "Anak, anak!" =) Finally we headed home. But because we really love to have our last minute pictures




and shop for some stuffs, we stopped by from one spot to one spot and forgot about time. In the station we realized that we cannot go to Tokyo for we will miss Tokaido train. So we tried the 4 norikae (Transfer of Trains) just to get home because Joven said if we miss the train he will treat us to a relaxing shelter under the railway. Who would love that? So we off to our next journey how to chase trains AKA, Amazing Race Japan ed.. please click pic to enlarge.

From Maihama (Tokyo Disneyland Station) we have to ride on the Keiyo line going to Shin Kiba. Then we have to look for the Rinkai line going to Oimachi. On Oimachi, we realized that some of us has no charge onSuica(Prepaid Card for Trains here in Japan in which you will just tap it like the G-card pass) so we still need to charge it. We had team work. Ate Cingle dragged Monisop, Joven carried the stroller or they sometimes exchange, while I look for the train line. Then we climb the 4 storey high unimaginable escalator especially on this situation that we want to really hurry. But we managed to catch Keihin Tohoku line on our way to Kawasaki. In Kawasaki we need to transfer to another platform for Tokaido line going to Totsuka, Jovs second hometown. And guess what we made it, we forgot that we are hungry for we havent ate dinner yet, whew!.. In Yokohama, a station between Kawasaki and Totsuka, I got off the train to catch my 1236 train to Ookurayama. Alas I finally made it home. I took some pictures to grab the chance of shedding some fats due to the Amazing Race Adventure and Voila! I look skinny! nice tip to anyone!

Overall, Disneyland Adventure was still great but comment is it was so 1980s. Very Classical, I agreed because we only visited much of FantasyLand and desciption said it was classical disney! hence the old school impression. I realized the we also only visited Toon Town and Tomorrow Land.. Only half of what Disneyland can offer. But no worries, Ate Cingle might come back next year with a vengeance!

For there are still more to see and experience!!! Anyway for the meantime Advance Merry Christmas everyone!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment